Friday, July 18, 2014

Let art represent

I was in Tasmania recently. Partly it was wonderful, I laughed like I hadn't in a long time, and I saw one of my best friends whom I hadn't seen in such a long time.  But partly it was awful, I cried a lot.  I cried because of the pain. I cried because of the things I could no longer do. I cried because of the things I could not hope to do.  The weight of such realisation sure produces fat tears.

We visited my friend and her beautiful family, and despite how I was feeling, we had two jolly evenings together, and it was wonderful.   We visited the Salamanca Markets too, and found an amazing artist named Sarah Millicent Elliot who produces a fantastic range of whimsical art based products- prints, brooches, hair ties and the like. I was drawn to this picture like a magnet, I think because it feels like me... slightly odd, and hanging on by a thread.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you Sammy and only wish for the relief from pain you truly need and deserve.

Post a Comment