Monday, July 28, 2014

Portal... & P.S How to Subscribe

I always loved the word portal, it sounds so wizarding doesn't it?! Unfortunately not this time, not in my case anyhow.  My face is falling off, it's peeling away, and according to my surgeon, it is literally, a portal for infection.  While I've spent some time rolling those words around in my mouth delighting in each unctuous syllable, the outcome's actually rather rotten.  The fact that I’m a portal means that that I'm precluded from undergoing further traumatic surgical procedures until the cessation of any and all facial peeling, also, it's jolly unsightly, and jolly painful.

And yes, in case you were wondering, as I wrote the above I was speaking the words to myself as if I were an aged well to do British gent, mustying about in an old man's club surrounded by pipes, tomes and cries of "Balderdash!".


So, in true me, disaster always strikes all the time, the nausea is gone, yet my face is hideous, and is rather sore. The plan going forward is to await the facial healing so that they may proceed to implant what should be the final electrode, (that which they failed to implant in the last chapter), and then miraculously I will be cured, and then I will be delighting in all manner of things the likes of which you've never seen within mere months!  Imagine if it were true.  If only I weren't a portal.

Post Script

Some lovely readers have asked for instruction on how they might subscribe to this blog.  All you need to do is fill our your email address in the box just to the to the left of the very top post.  At the top of the box it says, "Follow Chronically Stimulated by email".   Do that and you'll have me forever, you lucky devils!

Oh, and one more thing, I know of course that portal was used in the Harry Potter books, but I rather meant wizarding in an Enid Blyton kind of way, rather than truly wizarding... hmmm perhaps next post I'll write in a different voice...

4 comments:

My Spinal Cord Stimulator Journey said...

As always praying for you. Your a fine soul for sharing your story with us. I'm having an injection later today and a bit nervous of them working around my paddle leads. I have to trust them. I just pray this time it helps. Be Strong and gentle hugs. HOPE (hold on pain ends)

Unknown said...

Love you Sammy and always hoping you will get better soon xxx

Anonymous said...

You are my hero xxxxxx Bins

Unknown said...

Hey S ambot
Poopah Do sent me your blog. Been up since 5.23 now 6.06 Ellie and I are up because Poopah needs rest and I have just read the whole "kit and caboodle" (there's some ye olde english for you). My gosh Sam Sam I had no idea of the ghastly saga (I am trying to english it up with you don't tell P.Do). Hoping you are getting better, think of you fellas and M town all the time. Please get better now Sam Sam xoxox PS can you pick up a glass with your picking stick. . . . .what just asking

Post a Comment