Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Up all night

Sometimes I dream in poetry, rolling verse riding the crest of emotion, and the shadows of hope lost and memories fading. I’m on a rollercoaster, a one track ride without control, dipping in and out of other people’s reality, vitality, normality. I’m screaming inside, and desperately out of focus.  It’s exhausting you know, in its lyricism, and relentlessness.  Even when I'm dreaming, I'm aware, and almost awake, total recall. There’s no respite, be it day or night. 

I’ve had an infection in the incision sites, just to add to my misery, and I've been really nauseous since I got out of hospital.  I’m returning this afternoon for a follow up appointment, and I hope to glean some more information about when and how they might attempt the placement of the last electrode, and snaffle some strong anti-emetics so that the vomitus maximus may finally cease… sorry TMI.  Updates soon I’m sure.  In the meantime, I’m distracting myself with Scandi-noir- I'm a Great Dane.

3 comments:

My Spinal Cord Stimulator Journey said...

Hang in there my friend. Sorry to hear about your infection. I understand the difficulty in adding something new when your already struggling. Prays for peace and sleep. Your friend in pain THERESA

Anonymous said...

BRON BROEN!!! It is the most distraction you can hope for aside from Orphan Black. I will call/text you soon. I'm so sorry so many of those actually paid to will dashed well look after you properly! xxxx Binsy

Anonymous said...

I remember and shall never forget the map of nightmares. NEVER!!! You won't know yourself when they get your drugs right. I HATED sleeping for about 15 years! I can't believe what drugs can do! xxxxx

Post a Comment