Thursday, July 31, 2014

Lamia

I watched an incredible movie the other day, “Drag me to Hell”.  It was the kind of gross movie my dad and I used to love to watch together: a hilarious premise, rampant with a ridiculously disgusting level of gore AND replete with dirty gypsies.  Think maggots, gummy (mouth) attacks, projectile everything.  Imagine!  Well, you don’t have to, just download it and watch it immediately. 




In many ways, I saw myself mirrored in the main character, a girl, suddenly and unreasonably afflicted by a series of terrible events, in her case, a gypsy curse- the lamia.  It’s really the only feasible explanation for the accursed events that have befallen me, although in my case I fear that I might have been accursed by a crazy ex boyfriend rather than any Roma types.  

According to the film, the curse is not placed directly on the individual cursee, but rather, on an object owned by the cursee. The only way to rid oneself of a lamia is for the cursee to make a formal gift of the accursed object to another, thereby sentencing that person to an eternity vomiting maggots in hell. 


I need to find my accursed object.  Everyone, y’all be nice to me.

And another Post Script

By the way, I'm no longer just a portal for infection... I am infection.  Well, my face is anyway.  I have to take yet another course of antibiotics. Just another piece of evidence to support my conclusion really.

0 comments:

Post a Comment