Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Cleanse me

It’s almost three weeks since the final procedure, and I’m still sending most of the days horizontal in bed. I’m certainly more mobile (I wanted to say spry, but it brought to mind images of a crafty, wizened old lady- not yet thank you very much!), with each passing day, but with each new confidence, the very next day I get pushed back a little further again.  It still really, really hurts. On the sunnier side, the evil chest infection is almost gone, and I’ve actually tried turning the stimulation down, which has been somewhat effective.  Hopefully one day it will even out, or settle into a forwards pattern.  That would be nice.

But…. drum roll….  I can now report, I’ve had a real shower!!!!  After more than thirty, unkempt, prosey days. 

And yes, it was almost everything I’d hoped it would be, except that I couldn't bend, which is actually more restrictive than you realise, until you can’t.. bend that is.


It may have been the longest shower in the history of my showers. I’m actually normally very conscious of water conservation, also I get bored in there.   

Not this time.  While I was in there, delighting in the rainforest over my head feelings, the steam, the soaps, scrubs and suds, I noticed the name of one my cleansers… You'll have to look very closely at the gold writing, how very appropriate, tres amusant.





2 comments:

DJCSIPS said...

Sam, at the risk of trivialising your recovery not even the potential poor taste accusation can prevent me from saying to you that I can understand that you get bored while showering, there's no-oine to talk to. Regards

Unknown said...

D of the J, so happy you empathise with my plight, ongoing issues just as pithy as acute phases!

Post a Comment