Sunday, April 06, 2014

I'm living up to my name ...

It was either going to be that, or Magneto!  Magneto, sounds so superheroish, and I am rather fond of capes, be they practical, or fashionable.. but as I lay here.. nibbling the ears off a bunny and wearing a princess headband stolen from the head of my two year old niece, I think perhaps I currently lack the requisite gravitas  to pull off the aspirational Magneto.

So, to anyone interested in the SCS surgery, five days after the event I am significantly improved. Had you spoken to me just yesterday, you would have had tears for a rather unsatisfactory response, and the day before, howls of agony.

Yes, there's no whitewashing here, those doctors are tunneling right up your back with a rather thick metal skewer and then digging a grave to lay to rest your implant which will likely be at least the size of a giant matchbox.    Owwww.

The surgery itself was fine.  It was performed under a general anaesthetic, and the local anaesthetic injected into the incision sites lasted the first night... but it was all downhill from there..

It is, however, without question, most exciting that my butt is programmable AND makes a beeping noise.   Worth the additional pain and morphine? Yes, this is most satisfying.  I bid you, ein guten nacht.

0 comments:

Post a Comment